Saturday, 27 June 2015

Casual with a Pop of Red

Ok,  so this outfit was one from nearly ONE week ago! I don't know why I haven't posted it until today!! But here it is.


I wore this outfit on Sunday the 21st where the weather was sunny and breezy when I went to Gilles St Market. I saw that the sun had come out during Winter and I wanted to wear something a bit of a spring vibe but I didn't want to display my hairy legs hahaa!, so I went for a maxi (the only one I own). I wanted to incorporate more colour in my outfits as I usually stick to my neutrals and monochromatic looks. I wanted to try something different and I believe you should wear something which makes you confident or feel better about yourself. So I went with this small red bag. I wanted to wear sandals or something flat to make this outfit more casual and I ended up with these sandals again! But I think I should've opted for my white converses since it has been such a long time which I have worn them. They've probably been stored in my shoebox on the shelves and I still think they're crisp white.

The maxi dress is from Orbin the Label and I purchased it at a boutique on boxing day which was soon closing down. I think the boutique was called Paint Boutique, I'm not entirely sure but it was located on the Ground level of Myer in Rundle Mall. This maxi was backless and I didn't feel like having an open back even though I was wearing a denim jacket. I just wore a crop top underneath. The dress is a halter neck with lace around the chest area but it is opaque and it had lace near the slit. A similar style to this dress can be found here on ASOS.

The crop top I had underneath is from Kmart and I love it! I first saw this shirt on To The 9s' Youtube channel and it was gorgeous but they got it from H&M and here where I live there is no H&M so I was stoked when I found a similar one in Kmart. The crop stop is a horizontally striped mesh and material. A similar styles can be found here.

I know I wear this light wash denim jacket in nearly most of my outfits but I love them with maxi dresses. It made the outfit more casual as this maxi had a slit and it's lacey. and backless This jacket is as you know from H&M, I got it on sale for $3. This exact style is no longer available online since it was a sale item but similar styles can be found herehere or here

My bag is from Kenneth Cole, which I purchased in Florida on my trip to America last year. I thought this was an easy way to incorporate colour into my outfit as it provided a pop of red to my outfit, something which I would not normally wear. I love this bag it was small but I could fit what I needed to bring along. It was so small and it felt different carrying it on my forearm. This style from Kenneth Cole is no longer available and I couldn't find any similar styles to this.

My sandals are from Marco Gianni and they are so comfortable as I said in my last outfit post which you can read hereThe soul of these are well padded as that is what gives the comfort because most sandals similar to this style which I have worn do not have comfortable souls, they are normally hard and start to ache my foot. With these I can walk around for a long time and not have my feet getting blisters. I forgot what the style was and I'm pretty sure they've sold out of it as well but you can find similar styles here or here.

My necklace is again from Sportsgirl and it is my favourite necklace at the moment. It is silver with a stone at the end in the centre. I just think it pairs with all my outfits because it is so simple and minimalistic. My ear rings I think are from Equip, I'm not sure because I bought these a long long time ago and until now I decided to wear them. The earrings are these large gem'ed red flowers which ties in with my red bag. I was wearing a gold ring which doesn't go with the whole silver accessories thing but I wore it anyway. The ring is from Myer in the Missshop department. Also, my sunnies are from BCBG Generation but they are out of stock as I bought them a while ago as well, they are a cat eye shape with white detailing. There is a similar style in black on Sheinside which can be found here.














Cindy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hype