Sunday, 17 May 2015

Washed Out Denim on Denim

This was an outfit I styled a long time ago but I decided to write about it today, because of the nice weather here in Adelaide and it would have been perfect. This outfit I styled to be relaxed and refreshing with not a lot of dark shades. Since it was sunny, incorporating light shades gives more of a fresh vibe. Denim on denim can definitely be pulled off using the same tones or shades and not mixing the tones. This is by far one of my favourite go to casual go to outfits because you look presentable and it's so quick to get dressed into.

For a bit of contrast I wore my Sailor Stripe Top from Bardot which can be found here. It is just a simple basic black and white horizontal striped top, it definitely is a wardrobe must have. I wore this so it would compliment my black accessories which I will talk about more later.

I know I've featured these pair of jeans from 10 Points for Chic so many times frequently throughout my outfit posts but I can't get enough of them, they are just the best pair of boyfriend fit jeans! Once again you can get these Akeema Ripped Jeans here. I think I don't need to talk about these anymore because I have in my other posts which you can view and read here and here.

This Denim Jacket from HM, I picked this up when I was in Melbourne when they were having their crazy sales. You would not guess how much I got this for, it was only $3 but I guess it was because they only had a few small sizes left. The denim jacket was one of my best buys every because this is a wardrobe staple and you can just throw this over your outfit and you're good to go. This exact style is no longer available online since it was a sale item but similar styles can be found here, here or here

Oh my god, these are the most comfortable attractive sandals I've worn ever. The soul of these are well padded as that is what gives the comfort because most sandals similar to this style which I have worn do not have comfortable souls, they are normally hard and start to ache my foot. With these I can walk around for a long time and not have my feet getting blisters. I bought these at a pop up Marco Gianni Shoes Store while I was in Melbourne a while back at Melbourne Central. I forgot what the style was and I'm pretty sure they've sold out of it as well but you can find similar styles here or here.

For accessories I went black to compliment the black stripes on my top and who can go wrong with black, right? My bag again is from Bardot, this style is not available anymore but I love it so much because its so small but can carry so much things! Similar styles can be found here or here.  My sunglasses are from BCBGeneration which is again not available but when I look around on online stores I have found many identical dupes for this, which can be found here or here.

Since it is Winter, this outfit is not the best, but I'll tell you how to make this cold weather appropriate. You can swap the sandals out for boots, throw a coat over the denim jacket to layer and keep yourself warm, wear cute detailed gloves, add a scarf and throw on a beanie!


Cindy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hype