Thursday, 16 April 2015

Madame Hanoi

Madame Hanoi Entrance

On Tuesday 14th, I went out for lunch with my parents at Madame Hanoi which is located on 108 North Terrace, Adelaide. The lunch was an impulse last minute decision and it was a nice one, considering we went out for lunch as a family. Mum always ordered takeaway from here for me when we were in the city, but I never actually went to the restaurant myself so it was a great experience. I immediately fell in love with the setting of the restaurant, the atmosphere of the place was a very classy and busy with chatter. This restaurant was a take on Vietnamese and French cuisine infused. Which is where the name of the restaurant comes in place as it is “Madame Hanoi”, 'Madame' coming from French and Hanoi from Vietnamese. We ordered Goi Bap Chuoi (Banana Blossom Salad), Bo Luc Lac (Shaking Beef), Ga La chanh (Baby Chicken with Lime) and Rau muong (Morning Glory). The food tasted delicious but I think for the pricing is a bit high for what you get.

Interior

Cutlery

Banana Blossom Salad - Spencer Gulf Prawns, Banana Blossom, pineapple, green chilli, kaffir lime leaf along with coconut shreds.

Shaking Beef - Peppered soy shaking beef, red onion, watercress.

 Morning Glory - Morning Glory, Garlic Shoots.

Baby chicken with Lime - Roasted Baby chicken, chilli, lemongrass, lime, soy.

When I walked into the restaurant, the first thing I saw was this gigantic portrait of a Vietnamese woman on the wall to the right of the restaurant. At the front counter, it is very French inspired as you can see it is set like a cafe. (I forgot to snap a photo of that part)



Cindy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hype