Thursday, 26 February 2015

ABRACADABRA Casper and Pearl Launch Show



     Last night was the ABRACADABRA Launch Show for Casper and Pearl. The collection was based from the 1600s witch trial era, they interpreted it in their own infusion of alluring magic. Instead of going all the way, typical darkness you see in the collection they add a touch of soft pink, white and red for a more feminine silhouettes. Also the pieces use a variety of geometrical shapes and cut outs which create an interesting dimension. You see a lot of bold florals on a bse of dark colours also soft girly colours which symbolise femininity. The word ABRACADABRA would be inscribed into their clothing in the 1600s to protect them from evil and sickness from The Great Plague. This collection features crop tops, bralettes, shorts, culottes, playsuits, jumpsuits, skirts and dresses. Each piece has either a girly colour, old floral print or an interesting geometrical shape. Their collection gallery is below but there are many other pieces I could not get. 





















I was fortunate enough to be working Back of House for this collection, for my up coming work experience this year. The night was thrilling and exhilarating for me as I was so excited to be helping out and seeing how things operate behind the scenes. I got to meet the owner and designer herself, Stacey Hendrickson, it was such an honour! I got to help dress the models and help out at the back. I wished I came earlier during the say so I could help out more with the set up and organisation. Watching the dress rehearsals was a breath taking moment for me as I got to see the new collection up close and the flawless perfection of how they executed the runway with confidence. I also made new friends attending this which I will know I'll keep in contact with!



















Pictures are not mine unless stated, however the professional photographs I sourced them online.

Cindy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hype