Sunday, 31 August 2014

August Favourites!


Benefit They're Real Mascara
Normally I don't wear mascara because when I try to build up, my lashes get clumpy and unattractive so I skip mascara until I found Benefit They're Real Mascara. The formula is lengthening and volumising and creates false lashes. It defines and gives my lashes volume. I love the brush, it has little individual bristles evenly spread out distributing the product evenly on every lash. Although it is lengthening and volumising, once it dries out it becomes hard and I can't build up more layers. I need to work fast to build up before it dries. The curl holds for 4-6 hours, but applying a light coat of any waterproof mascara before applying my favourite mascara helps hold your lashes. Also a lot of product does clump onto the brush, before applying it is best to wipe some of it off.
Research results:
94% saw dramatic length and volume
90% saw base-to-tip curl- 94% saw visible lift
100% saw long-wearing results
Results observed in a consumer panel survey

Maybelline New York Fit Me Pressed Powder
I've been loving the Maybelline New York FIT Me Pressed Powder because it removes any shine and gives it a flawless complexion. The formula leaves gives me a matte finish leaving my skin seamless and lets my pores breathe, looking natural. The powder also contains a special translucent primer base and micro-fine pigments to match the skin tone, creating a complexion without waxes or oils. There are two compartments: the powder on top, flip it up and it reveals a mirror and powder puff. I find it so useful for when I'm on the go and need a touch up because it is small and compact which is easy to carry around and has a mirror. The powder comes in 12 shades to match every skin tone. It's great for the price you pay!

Bardot faux leather shoulder bag
This is my ultimate favourite of the month. This bag is 90% perfect, the only thing I wish is it was a bit larger to fit books in as well. The bad is spacious inside but the opening is a bit small for large items in without getting little marks or scratches on them because of the zipper. The bag has gold detailing and a faux fur front giving it a different dimension. I wear this bag everywhere I go, it is convenient to fit all my stuff in when I go out. Also it matches every outfit I wear because it is black and casual.

Windsor Smiths
I purchased my Windsor Smith Lolly Pumps a while back but I haven't been wearing them often till now. They're similar to the lilys except the backing at the heel is covered and I personally like that detail. The strap at the buckle stretches a bit and leaves lots of marks of cracked/stretched leather, downside to having leather shoes. A must is wearing them with frilly socks if you are going to wear socks with them. I think one of the reasons I've been liking them is it gives me height because I am petite and they replace black boots. A lot of my outifts require an ESSENTIAL black boots but I haven't found 'the' pair yet. I'm waiting until they come a long rather than buying a pair because I need them because I'll regret it, if they're not the perfect ones.

Keepsake notebooks
I won a mini giveaway that the Adelaide BNKR store was holding on Instagram. The prize was the Keepsake notebooks and an Iphone 5 case. The notebooks are not your normal paperback cover but a shiny cardboard like material. The notebooks are small and easy to carry around on the go in my bag in case I need to joy down notes. The prints are amazing and unique because you would not find them anywhere else.

Mason Jars
So I finally got myself a mason jar which I've seen nearly everywhere! For some reason it makes me enjoy drinking water much more, I drink so much water now  any my skin is more hydrated. Having a mason jar sitting there while you're doing homework or watching television makes you want to take a sip of water. I recommend getting one if your skin is dehydrated or you don't drink enough water. It jazzes up plain old cups you drink water in. You can do heaps of things with mason jars: make smoothies, infused/detox water, layered dessert, cute DIY's or even use them to take cute pics!


Cindy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hype